SAICE Photo Competition 2015
- To celebrate the beauty of the industry
- To show the world that civil engineering can be visually pleasing
- To celebrate the profession
- To bring the profession to the layperson in a format that will be more readily understood.
- Entrants can send their entries electronically – via e-mail
- Entries from both industry professionals and photography enthusiasts are accepted
- The photographs are used extensively in SAICE publications giving recognition to the photographers
- All photographs entered must portray projects and/or people in civil engineering
RULES AND PROCEDURES
- Entrants can respond by completing the downloadable entry form and attaching their photos in jpg format
- The competition is open to the general public to submit photographs
- The entries must portray people and/or projects in civil engineering.
- Entries must be electronic photos in jpeg format, of a high resolution and at least 1MB in size
- Entries will be judged on portrayal of civil engineering, artistry of civil engineering, technical excellence (quality of photo), visual impact, creativity & originality, balance & composition
- Permission for the reproduction of photos for any exhibition or publicity is assumed unless the entrant specifies otherwise
- Due recognition will be given to the photographer where required.
- Entrants can send their entries electronically – via e-mail to email@example.com
- Entries close on 30 August 2015
- An adjudicating panel will select the top ten photos
- The top 10 photos are selected and the adjudicators judge the photos further from there
- Winners are announced at the SAICE Awards function in October each year
Click here to download the Entry Form