The European Investment Bank (EIB), the European Union’s financial Institution, based in Luxembourg offers the opportunity to work for Europe in a truly international environment. The Bank’s mission and the diversity of cultures, languages and professional background of its staff make it a dynamic and exciting place to work.
The EIB – European Investment Bank works in support of EU development and cooperation policies by financing investment in both public and private sectors. The EIB is seeking to recruit a
TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Local fixed-term contract of 3 years
The position is based in Pretoria and will cover the Bank’s projects throughout sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean.
The ideal candidate will be a Civil Engineer and hold a University in a relevant technical discipline; a post-graduate degree would be an advantage and a multidisciplinary background, including economic analysis skills, would be an asset. At least 8 years of experience with planning and implementation of transport infrastructure projects, multi-country working experience and knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an advantage.
Interested candidates can send an application in English including CV, cover letter stating the value addition to the position and how the work experience accumulated would fulfil the above mentioned requirements and copies of relevant academic certificate(s) to Pretoria@eib.org.
The full job description can be provided upon request.
Deadline for applications: 13th April 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff, irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Job summary: A well-established Crane manufacturing company based in Wadeville, East Rand requires the services of an Engineer. Experience in Crane & lifting equipment experience required.
- Assist in the designing of cranes and structures according to client specifications
- Work with different departments to ensure work is on schedule
- Interact with suppliers, clients, service providers and consulting engineers as required
- Be involved in all aspects in the running of projects Requirements
- Bsc(Engineering) Mechanical or Civil / BTech Mechanical or Civil
- Experience in structures and relevant calculations (advantage)
- Valid driver’s licence
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Inventor Personal Attributes
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Motivation to produce high quality work
- Leadership skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Send cv’s and qualifications to email@example.com
Advertise on this page.
Send us your adverts for any job opportunities in your company and we will post these in the relevant section.
Contact Barbara Spence on (011) 463-7940 for further electronic advertising options.
CIVIL ENGINEERING MAGAZINE
To advertise in the SAICE magazine contact Barbara Spence on firstname.lastname@example.org